Old 20-05-2004, 03:07 PM
Julie

Default Sick Garlic

Hi All,
First time growing Garlic. mine were looking well for a while now they
are yellowing and starting to die off at the tips. As you can see from
the photos( Sorry about the quality) they are a sorry lot. They were
planted in March and the soil is mostly clay BUT I have added loads of
compost and it is easily worked. I added in bone meal and watered when
it seemed to need it. However beyond that I don't know what sort of
fertilizers they need.

I pulled one of the poorer plants and peeled off the old rotten clove
to show a small bulb like an onion. I am in no rush for garlic I am
just growing it for the first time to see if I could. Any advice would
be great (even if it is to scrap them all and start again in the fall
:-) ).

Here is the link.

http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/Albu...&a=31247712&f=

Cheers