Old 20-05-2004, 04:07 PM
Mark Hill

Default [IBC] protecting trees from cicada damage

Thanks for the article Nina.
Very informative.
Guess I won't worry about my landscape trees.

I have a simple question ....... I have a number of small "critters" that
appear every once in awhile and they don't seem to like a light coating of
very dilute Neem Oil.
When I discover them walking about my maples, azaleas, etc I give the trees
a quick squirt and they disappear for the season.
Will a light coating of Neem Oil have any effect on the cicada's ??
How about Carl's famous soap solution ?

Still worried about my bonsai !!

Thanks
Mark Hill

PS ..... Here about 10 miles south of Harrisburg PA I haven't seen a single
cicada yet !!