Old 20-05-2004, 06:13 PM
Chris Hogg

Default IVY, please help

On Wed, 19 May 2004 11:34:08 GMT, Frogleg wrote:

On Sun, 16 May 2004 19:28:53 +0100, "Amanda Izzard"
wrote:

I am having a big problem with ivy,the last tennant planted it and now it is
growing out of control, I have tried weed killers from homebase and nothing
seems to kill it off...Does ne one have ne ideas at all??

Pull, cut, mow, and repeat as necessary. The leaves are too tough and
waxy to absorb weedkillers. Even Glyphosate has little or no effect
except on the smallest and tenderest of emerging shoots.

I spray ivy with full-strength Root-Out or similar stump eradicator
containing ammonium sulphamate (this is NOT the same as ammonium
sulphate). It's the most effective thing I've found.

--
Chris