Old 20-05-2004, 07:03 PM
Cereus-validus

Default elephant ears question

There are no "Elephant Ears" that grow like ditch weeds around Chicago. None
of the Colocasia are cold hardy.

Could you be alluding to "Skunk Cabbage"?

"Guglielmo Portas" wrote in message
m...
Hi all,

Last summer I picked up some "Black Magic" Colocasia. They did well
until October/November. I dug them up and stored them in the basement
until a few weeks ago when I stuck them back in the ground. I thought
they needed the bulbs stored indoors over the winter (I'm in Chicago).
They're growing just fine now.

My question is: if these are related to the elephant ears that grow
perennially like ditch weeds, do I need to winter them again? Whilst
replanting them, I looked around and saw all the green, "wild"
elephant ears sprouting up everywhere in full glory. Hmmm...

TIA