Old 20-05-2004, 08:05 PM

Default Urgent.. Koi Ulcers... I have no Potasium Prag...

Hey Ingrid, did you catch my reply in the other group about these fish...??

I think I am going to try the route I have taken.. I do hope the finnage
will grow back even though some bone material is exposed.. The redness has
resided ( there is some red inflmation still present ) since I used the
Provodone Iodine last night.. This has made me feel a lot better for the
fish' condition..

I presume the Isopropel Alc is to neutrealize the PP right.. Not the
Provodine Iodine ( in this case it is 10% Iodine )..

Tim
wrote in message
http://puregold.aquaria.net/pg/disea....htm#POTASSIUM
and have plain old drugstore peroxide on hand to neutralize when treatment

is done.
get some romet B antibiotic to help the fish. http://dandyorandas.com/
Ken Fischer
Dandy Oranda's
1460 Eastwood Avenue
Columbus, Oh 43203
(614) 252-0690

Ingrid

Now there's an idea... The plumbing supply... Anyone have a clue to what
kind of rate and with what I can mix the stuff with so I can apply it
correctly?

I used the prov Iodine yesterday to clean the ulcers up a bit.. To my
surprise they are not dead yet, although the ulcer's were bad enough to
expose bone for the fin's... This happened so quickly, and I do hope I

have
caught it in time. The Koi are still fairly active, and they are young

ones,
hopefully they find their will to get over the ulcers..I will retreat the
area again with the provodine iodine today and for the 5 following days

see if I can save them.. Lordy knows they cost me $10 a piece and my cars
motor on the way home from the farm..

Tim

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/