Old 20-05-2004, 09:03 PM
Michael Persiano

Default [IBC] John Naka

In a message dated 5/20/2004 11:43:56 AM Eastern Daylight Time, writes:

Even to those of us who knew him only slightly, John Naka's death is deeply saddening. Yet we must be thankful for his long and productive life, his sense of humor and generous nature, and his unmatched contribution to American Bonsai.

His death and that of Yuji Yoshimura bring to a close an era of Bonsai in this country in which the dominant masters were Japanese. It now is up to American masters to fill this gap. In doing so, they probably will change the art subtly, which some w

ill applaud and others deplore; but the art of bonsai, like the trees themselves, is constantly developing and
changing. His legacy will be enduring.

Edmund L. Castillo
Western Loudoun Co., VA

I never had the pleasure of meeting John Naka, yet his influence is present in each of my trees through his landmark books on the art.

As long as there is American bonsai, his presence will be felt.

Cordially,

Michael Persiano

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --