Old 21-05-2004, 02:09 AM
George

Default Goldfish scales

"Glenn Lynn" wrote in message
My biggest goldfish, about eight inches, has lost some scales on her
sides. This happened when she became quite large from being full of
eggs and got stuck a few times squeezing through small passages. My
question is this. Will a goldfish grow back lost scales?

Thanks, Glenn

I don't rightly know. I don't think they grow back, The skin does heal, though
it is rather unsightly. I have two females with the same problem. They don't
seem to be the worse for wear. Rubbing against the rocks are not the only
reason they look that way. The males will do it to them as well, as mine have.
When females are spawning, the males can be quite agressive.