Old 21-05-2004, 01:04 AM
Glenn Lynn

Default Goldfish scales

My biggest goldfish, about eight inches, has lost some scales on her
sides. This happened when she became quite large from being full of
eggs and got stuck a few times squeezing through small passages. My
question is this. Will a goldfish grow back lost scales?

Thanks, Glenn
Old 21-05-2004, 02:09 AM
George

"Glenn Lynn" wrote in message
My biggest goldfish, about eight inches, has lost some scales on her
sides. This happened when she became quite large from being full of
eggs and got stuck a few times squeezing through small passages. My
question is this. Will a goldfish grow back lost scales?

Thanks, Glenn

I don't rightly know. I don't think they grow back, The skin does heal, though
it is rather unsightly. I have two females with the same problem. They don't
seem to be the worse for wear. Rubbing against the rocks are not the only
reason they look that way. The males will do it to them as well, as mine have.
When females are spawning, the males can be quite agressive.

Old 21-05-2004, 04:20 PM

yes.

Glenn Lynn wrote:

My biggest goldfish, about eight inches, has lost some scales on her
sides. This happened when she became quite large from being full of
eggs and got stuck a few times squeezing through small passages. My
question is this. Will a goldfish grow back lost scales?

Thanks, Glenn

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com