Old 21-05-2004, 02:10 AM
Steveo

Default Snow Mold Cure ?

"Scotty" wrote:
Every winter I get a type of winter mold that kills off large patches of
my grass. Its is a sun and shade mixture for the northeast. I understand
how to prevent the mold by putting down expensive amounts of systemic
fungicide just before the grass goes dormant. If I don't put it down as I
didn't last year the mold returns and my lawn is very damaged. I want to
know how to cure it once and for all. Even if its an expensive cure, in
the long run it would be cheap compared to the 120 $ application of
fungicide every fall. Thanks a bunch William

You may need to introduce more resistant turfgrass variety's, sounds
like your blend is susceptible to it. You're right, bayleton is not
at all cheap.

Think it's too thick to slice seed some resistant variety's of blue
and ryegrass this Aug? depending on where you live

How many sq ft do you have?