Old 21-05-2004, 03:04 AM
RichToyBox

Default Urgent.. Koi Ulcers... I have no Potasium Prag...

Whether it is iodine or PP, one treatment is usually all that is needed. It
burns the wound, in effect cauterizing it. Follow up treatment should be
done with a topical first aid treatment, like A&D ointment.
--
RichToyBox
"T" wrote in message
nk.net...

"KenCo" wrote in message
T wrote:

I could not get potassium permaganate.. Something else was mention was

use iodine on the area.. I could get neithier tonight at the local
pharmacy.. This is what I got, and I am thinking it might not

hurt..Povidone
Iodine.. Which is the typical surgical prep stuff.. If someone can

give
me
an answer back ASAP I would appreciate it.. This Koi have cost me a

lot
of
money and I need to get them back to health ...

TIA... Tim

try a lg. plumbing supply wholesaler
its used to clean out pipes

http://www.kencofish.com Ken Arnold,
401-831-5739 cell 401-225-0556

Linux (SuSE 8.2) user #329121
Please Note: No trees or animals were harmed in the
sending of this contaminant free message We do concede
that a signicant number of electrons may have been
inconvenienced

Now there's an idea... The plumbing supply... Anyone have a clue to what
kind of rate and with what I can mix the stuff with so I can apply it
correctly?

I used the prov Iodine yesterday to clean the ulcers up a bit.. To my
surprise they are not dead yet, although the ulcer's were bad enough to
expose bone for the fin's... This happened so quickly, and I do hope I

have
caught it in time. The Koi are still fairly active, and they are young

ones,
hopefully they find their will to get over the ulcers..I will retreat the
area again with the provodine iodine today and for the 5 following days to
see if I can save them.. Lordy knows they cost me $10 a piece and my cars
motor on the way home from the farm..

Tim