Old 21-05-2004, 04:10 AM
Steveo

Default push type, rotary lawn mower with 2 cycly engine

"RoyDMercer" wrote:
"desiglass" wrote in message
I have recently learned that my long terraces (banks) which are around
40 feet long and take usually 4 to 5 passes are probably ruining my
lawn mowers. Use of a 2 cycle engine machine has been recommended. Is
there

any
such mower available anymore? I would appreciate any comments and
suggestions. Thank you.
Dennis

I don't see as how a 2 cycle engine is going to help much. 2 cycle
engines are simpler and have less moving parts, but I don't know if they
really last longer. If you are wearing out lawn mower engines, look for
ones with steel or chrome cylinder liners. That seems to make the
biggest difference on wearability.

I agree, two cycle is more for high rpm's like chain saws weed wacks
and dirt bikes etc. Four cycle an even more so diesel, are better for
low end torque applications like lawn or dirt equipment.