Old 21-05-2004, 07:04 AM
gregpresley

Default Poppies from Seed

I have grown poppies using store seeds. They are the usual opium poppy
foliage - the flowers were single, sort of a pinkish lavendar - pretty,
although not my favorite color in a poppy. In my opinion, the peony flowered
doubles - either in pink or red - are the best looking opium poppy
varieties. I think the shirley poppies, especially the ones with painted
rims, are generally more attractive, although the gray-green opium poppy
foliage is beautiful until after the flowers bloom - when it goes tan and
gets ugly pretty quickly.
"Rich McKinney" wrote in message
om...
All,

Has anyone tried to sprout poppies using the poppy seeds from the grocery
store?

--
Rich McKinney
Reply to