Old 21-05-2004, 11:06 AM
David Gibson

Default Reseeding Patchy Lawn - Advice Needed

Thanks for the info, I also saw a bit of the program on TV but missed
what sort of compost he said. Loam it is then.

Regards

On Thu, 20 May 2004 21:25:43 +0100, "Tumbleweed"
wrote:

"Cumberpach" wrote in message

"David Gibson" wrote in message
Hi,

After scarifying my lawn what sort of compost should I spread on it
prior to reseeding the patchy areas.

Should it be loam based, peat based or loam free or peat free.

Regards

There was a 'garden makeover' prog on the box yesterday, I missed the
beginning. The presenter demonstrated re-seeding but did not say what type
of compost used. I would avoid peat based as this tends to dry out fast.

Pete

Loam (coincidentally this was mentioned on the 'City gardener' ?last night?
(watched it tonight but can't recall when it was recorded might have been
yesterday, but he definitely said loam.