Old 21-05-2004, 12:04 PM
Jeannie

Default Sweet Corn

"Joanne" wrote in message
news:v_Kqc.13313$7S2.1568@newsfe1-win...
I wanted to grown sweet corn again this year, but I can't find any at my
local garden centres. So, is it too late to sow sweet corn seeds now and
expect a harvest this year? I'm in the Bolton area.

Thanks.

I am growing sweetcorn for the first time this year from seed. The seeds
germinated really quickly and I had planting out sized plants in about 2-3
weeks which I planted out last weekend so I think you'll be OK if you start
from seed now :-).

Unfortunately, I forgot to mark the part of the plot I planted them on and I
ended up pulling some of the plants up cos I thought it was grass. Doh!!

Jeannie