Old 19-05-2004, 04:10 PM
Joanne

Default Sweet Corn

I wanted to grown sweet corn again this year, but I can't find any at my
local garden centres. So, is it too late to sow sweet corn seeds now and
expect a harvest this year? I'm in the Bolton area.

Thanks.

Old 19-05-2004, 05:14 PM
Bob Hobden

"Joanne" wrote in message
I wanted to grown sweet corn again this year, but I can't find any at my
local garden centres. So, is it too late to sow sweet corn seeds now and
expect a harvest this year? I'm in the Bolton area.

I would think that with something like Xtra Sweet Improved you would still
be able to get a crop if planted right now. A bit of bottom heat will get
them germinating quickly.

--
Regards
Bob

Some photos of my plants at.....

Old 21-05-2004, 12:04 PM
Jeannie

"Joanne" wrote in message
I wanted to grown sweet corn again this year, but I can't find any at my
local garden centres. So, is it too late to sow sweet corn seeds now and
expect a harvest this year? I'm in the Bolton area.

Thanks.

I am growing sweetcorn for the first time this year from seed. The seeds
germinated really quickly and I had planting out sized plants in about 2-3
weeks which I planted out last weekend so I think you'll be OK if you start
from seed now :-).

Unfortunately, I forgot to mark the part of the plot I planted them on and I
ended up pulling some of the plants up cos I thought it was grass. Doh!!

Jeannie

Country Gentleman sweet corn Gary The Rookie Farmer Edible Gardening 6 29-06-2003 09:44 PM
Sweet Corn Janice United Kingdom 7 25-06-2003 08:28 PM
Spinach and Sweet Corn Adrian Jones United Kingdom 11 20-05-2003 04:20 PM
Raccoons in the sweet corn Tim B Edible Gardening 4 20-02-2003 12:39 PM
Open pollenated sweet corn zxcvbob Edible Gardening 2 29-01-2003 10:30 PM