Old 21-05-2004, 03:12 PM
Victoria Clare

Default sudden death of apricot

Planted last spring from a pot. Sunny spot, reasonably sheltered, very
slightly acid soil with plenty of compost mulch. About four feet tall.

Had a little blossom last year, leaves were healthy.

This year, no sign of leaf or bloom, young twigs shrivelling and bark seems
to be drying up.

I think it's had it, though there is still green under the bark lower down.

What could this be?

I' ve noticed some of my new raspberry canes are a bit blighted looking in
places, and my fig tree (south wall, very sunny) has also died right back
and is growing new branches from about 2 feet up.

Not sure if this is the same thing, but I mention it justincase.

All guesses much appreciated.

Victoria
--
gardening on a north-facing hill