Old 21-05-2004, 10:22 PM
Go Fig

Default Pics + Tips?

In article , Destroyallx
wrote:

thanx to everyone who has been helping me along the way.
i took new pictures today:
http://www.thehvscene.com/pond

The pond hasnt cleared up yet.. still looks green. I put in a veggie
filter, but dont have too many plants in it yet because i havnt bought
them..

Im looking to hear any tips from anyone about my pond and what i can do to
help it along its way... i love critisism. thanx!

Wow, did you have to run power to that spot?

Get a small UV filter and end the pea soup.

Other thoughts (and I know your just starting this project):

My thought would be to place (a) pump in the pond (in a pea-gravel
prefilter box) and then at the top of the stream dig a hole a place a
30 gallon container to be used as a mechanical up-filter. Finally, I
would enlarge an intermediary pool in the stream and PACK it with water
hyacinths

Pond lighting

Soften up the transition from lawn to pond with plants, next year those
iris are gonna look great...

Looking very good though... enjoy it.

jay
Fri May 21, 2004