Old 21-05-2004, 09:07 PM
Destroyallx

Default Pics + Tips?

thanx to everyone who has been helping me along the way.
i took new pictures today:
http://www.thehvscene.com/pond

The pond hasnt cleared up yet.. still looks green. I put in a veggie
filter, but dont have too many plants in it yet because i havnt bought
them..

Im looking to hear any tips from anyone about my pond and what i can do to
help it along its way... i love critisism. thanx!

Old 21-05-2004, 10:09 PM
D.S.

Very nice pond! Good sized yard. That will come in handy when you want to
expand the pond.

D.S.

.. .

Old 21-05-2004, 10:18 PM
Just Me \Koi\

And there will be expansions and expansions!

As I said before, great job!

--
_______________________________________
like an eggs-and-ham breakfast:

Old 21-05-2004, 10:22 PM
Go Fig

In article , Destroyallx
wrote:

thanx to everyone who has been helping me along the way.
i took new pictures today:
http://www.thehvscene.com/pond

The pond hasnt cleared up yet.. still looks green. I put in a veggie
filter, but dont have too many plants in it yet because i havnt bought
them..

Im looking to hear any tips from anyone about my pond and what i can do to
help it along its way... i love critisism. thanx!

Wow, did you have to run power to that spot?

Get a small UV filter and end the pea soup.

Other thoughts (and I know your just starting this project):

My thought would be to place (a) pump in the pond (in a pea-gravel
prefilter box) and then at the top of the stream dig a hole a place a
30 gallon container to be used as a mechanical up-filter. Finally, I
would enlarge an intermediary pool in the stream and PACK it with water
hyacinths

Pond lighting

Soften up the transition from lawn to pond with plants, next year those
iris are gonna look great...

Looking very good though... enjoy it.

jay
Fri May 21, 2004

Old 21-05-2004, 11:15 PM
Gareee©

Yum! I like pea soup!

--
Gareee©
Homepage:

Old 22-05-2004, 03:04 AM
Snooze

"Destroyallx" wrote in message
.. .
The pond hasnt cleared up yet.. still looks green. I put in a veggie
filter, but dont have too many plants in it yet because i havnt bought
them..

Try and get water hyacinth, if it's legal and available in your area. I have
a 1300 gal pond at my parent's place. I put 5 wh plants in the veg filter
area, on saturday, in 1 week's time the water was clear enough to see the
bottom of the pond. (about waist deep)

Give that a wack, although your pond is exposed to full sun, so things for
you will be a little bit more difficult. My pond is mostly under a gazebo.
Just keep the water hyacinth away from where the koi are. Koi think water
hyacinth are part of the salad bar.

Consider adding a whiskey barrel with a spout to the pond, as a place to
keep the wh, then you can add lots of screen material or 3m green scouring
pads to the bottom of the barrel and get a bio-veg-filter

Snooze

And some small pics of Morning glories 3 pics (1/2) joevan[_3_] Garden Photos 2 03-10-2011 08:31 PM
5 TIPS FOR BETTER MANAGEMENT OF HOME BUSINESS...5 TIPS FOR BETTERMANAGEMENT OF HOME BUSINESS...5 TIPS FOR BETTER MANAGEMENT OF HOMEBUSINESS... Tonya Thompson United Kingdom 0 28-04-2009 01:30 PM
Some pics... Denise Ponds 1 05-07-2003 04:08 PM
Orchids in the Kitchen window - Thanks for sharing your pics profpam Orchids 2 25-02-2003 04:39 AM
Fabulous orchid pics. for your Christmas Dante Australia 1 17-12-2002 10:22 PM