Old 22-05-2004, 12:04 AM
STEVEN STEIN

Default Insect Help Please

I'm in NY. One plant has small holes in the leaves, the other has one leaf
that is almost completely eaten (holes everywhere). They are in the ground,
not in pots. From the photos of what vine weevils do, I don't believe that
is them. Not much damage on edges - more in the full leaf part.
"someone" wrote in message

STEVEN STEIN wrote in message
I have something attacking the leaves of my white eggplants but not the
tomatoes, zuchs, lettuce or cucumbers. Suggestions on how to combat
appreciates.

Steve

Can you describe the look of the damage? Otherwise it's hard to say.

Could
be a vine weevil. They only come out at night, and chomp big holes in

your
leaves. If you've got your plants in pots, one of your pots could have

vine
weevil grubs in it. Go out at midnight with a flashlight and see if you

can
see these beetles on your leaves. For more info, Google vine weevils.

OTOH, it could be slugs or snails, depends on the country you live in.

s.