Old 22-05-2004, 03:04 AM
Snooze

Default Pics + Tips?

"Destroyallx" wrote in message
.. .
The pond hasnt cleared up yet.. still looks green. I put in a veggie
filter, but dont have too many plants in it yet because i havnt bought
them..

Try and get water hyacinth, if it's legal and available in your area. I have
a 1300 gal pond at my parent's place. I put 5 wh plants in the veg filter
area, on saturday, in 1 week's time the water was clear enough to see the
bottom of the pond. (about waist deep)

Give that a wack, although your pond is exposed to full sun, so things for
you will be a little bit more difficult. My pond is mostly under a gazebo.
Just keep the water hyacinth away from where the koi are. Koi think water
hyacinth are part of the salad bar.

Consider adding a whiskey barrel with a spout to the pond, as a place to
keep the wh, then you can add lots of screen material or 3m green scouring
pads to the bottom of the barrel and get a bio-veg-filter

Snooze