Old 22-05-2004, 05:07 AM
lalu

Default Mining the archives.

Hi all, first post here (I think) though I have been an on/off reader
for afew months. I am reworking/finishing my new pond extension
(about 2000 gallons) and veggie and bio filters, rock edges, lilies,
floaters, protecting koi fry, etc. and had lots and lots of questions
so I have been searching for specific topics in the archives of this
group and have been absolutely pleased about how much good information
is there. Of course not everyone agrees on everything - so what else
is new - but even the discussions on any two sides have been
informative.

There are also certain individuals whose information seems so
informative that I have plugged their names into the search and read
all their posts on all sorts of subjects and learned about things I
didnt even think to ask. Alas many of the older links I have found no
longer work, but none the less I have found many new sites of great
interest as well as helpful pictures of peoples' ponds.

Because of all this information I have modified further the plans for
my pond. I am adding a nice stream-like veggie filter and am looking
forward to the lush look. I've already collected alot of plants for it
the past two weeks.

So Thanks to all past and present who have taken their time to explain
things to people who want answers -- your good answers will last years
for those who look.

Lalu