Old 22-05-2004, 05:07 AM
lalu

Default Mining the archives.

Hi all, first post here (I think) though I have been an on/off reader
for afew months. I am reworking/finishing my new pond extension
(about 2000 gallons) and veggie and bio filters, rock edges, lilies,
floaters, protecting koi fry, etc. and had lots and lots of questions
so I have been searching for specific topics in the archives of this
group and have been absolutely pleased about how much good information
is there. Of course not everyone agrees on everything - so what else
is new - but even the discussions on any two sides have been
informative.

There are also certain individuals whose information seems so
informative that I have plugged their names into the search and read
all their posts on all sorts of subjects and learned about things I
didnt even think to ask. Alas many of the older links I have found no
longer work, but none the less I have found many new sites of great
interest as well as helpful pictures of peoples' ponds.

Because of all this information I have modified further the plans for
my pond. I am adding a nice stream-like veggie filter and am looking
forward to the lush look. I've already collected alot of plants for it
the past two weeks.

So Thanks to all past and present who have taken their time to explain
things to people who want answers -- your good answers will last years
for those who look.

Lalu
Old 24-05-2004, 06:06 PM
Benign Vanilla

"lalu" wrote in message
om...
snip
There are also certain individuals whose information seems so
informative that I have plugged their names into the search and read
all their posts on all sorts of subjects and learned about things I
didnt even think to ask.

snip

Now that is a tantalizing statement. I wonder who is our your list?

BV.

Old 25-05-2004, 05:05 AM
lalu

"Benign Vanilla" wrote in message ...
"lalu" wrote in message
om...
snip
There are also certain individuals whose information seems so
informative that I have plugged their names into the search and read
all their posts on all sorts of subjects and learned about things I
didnt even think to ask.

snip

Now that is a tantalizing statement. I wonder who is our your list?

BV.

I'll never tell. Since I havent read all the archives, yikes, I might
leave someone of great knowledge off the list unfairly. I will say
there are some still posting, as well as many who seem not to have
posted for several years.

IN fact, if anyone is looking for faq for specific answers, make a
search in the archives -- There are great answers there to most
questions anyone might ask. And yes, the same questions seem to come
up over and over again as the years pass, complete with numerous
instantaneous mostly competent answers. Veggie filters, bio filters,
trickle filters, plants, planting, fish, fry, algae, etc,etc.

From ideas gleaned from the archives I have planted taro roots
purchased this week at the grocery store - they ordered them for me-,
learned to love my algae as something good and functional, set up a
new trickle filter, and have draw up plans for a long and thin lush
attractive veggie filter (tomorrow I am buying the extra materials)
plus learning which additional plants to acquire. As well as
understanding my breeding koi and what to do with their fry.

Lalu

13485 Mining the Web: eigenVectors, Kriging, Inverse DistanceWeighting Searches 13485 Web Science Gardening 0 16-11-2004 10:01 PM
68652 Mining the Web: Advanced eigenVector Search Method with Web Science Ponds 0 16-11-2004 10:01 PM
[IBC] ANTS MINING SCALE ON MY GOLDEN LARCH Ben Griffin Bonsai 3 26-06-2004 09:04 PM
Netscan Data-mining Anne Lurie Ponds 5 06-08-2003 11:43 PM
Plants - from gold mining profits Salty Thumb Gardening 1 18-07-2003 11:32 PM