Old 22-05-2004, 05:11 PM
Velvet

Default The Big MTS Migration

Iain Miller wrote:

I'm almost inclined to say, they're hunting for food, being that mostly

they

are in substrate, and maybe after a good vacuuming, they've found no food,
so up the glass they go.... seems reasonable...

Indeed....next stop is the fridge...be afraid....be very afraid!!!

I.

I've had this occasionally too, but it's been tied to filtration or heat
problems. Since you've ruled out the heat, are you sure your filter is
up to scratch? Low filter turnover (due to filter intake clogging) is a
sure-fire way to bring the MTS's out of the gravel and up the glass in
my tank, and the longer it continues the more and the higher they climb.
Even though your filter's doing a good surface ripple, has it clogged
and gone to bypass internally or something?

Doesn't seem food triggered in my tank (little gravel I can get to to
vacuum, too many plants LOL) since the gravel's full of whatever it is
they seem to munch (try not to think about that too hard given the gunk
that's in there).

Temp too high (29+C seems to provoke it) / O2 too low / sub-standard
filtration in my experience. Is yours tied to tank maint cycles (after
you've done filter maint, for example)?

--

Velvet