Old 23-05-2004, 07:17 AM
Liashi

Default is this the weed that's been popping up?

Hi again,

I have this thing popping up in my garden now, and I think it's Cotton
Morningglory (Ipomoea cordatotriloba for all you picky folks. -_-) At
least, based on this pictu
http://www.ppws.vt.edu/scott/weed_id/ipott.htm
I'm not really in the area this thing is supposed to grow in tho . . .

The sprouts I'm seeing look like that however, but I have yet to see a
real leaf (like on the pic there.) What are the chances that this is
some kind of other plant? Is the first pair of leaves always enough to
tell a plant from others? (Within the same genus?) And I thought those
things were the seeds I planted. . . . Sigh.

Are the any resourses, paper or digital, that you would recommend for
identifying unwanted plants?