Old 23-05-2004, 07:20 AM
theoneflasehaddock

Default Mass/Drac

Subject: Mass/Drac
From: (Syona Rose Too)
Date: 5/15/2004 7:01 PM Central Daylight Time
Hi ; I 've been reading the group for a while.I have a question. I have
a bunch of plants. Most are doing great.I have some Massdavilla an
Dracula's. With the temps climbing, I am not meeting the ideal for them.
I live in southern New York State. My question is ;Do I move the plants
(basement A/C unit) or just weather them over till August, when the
temps are better( as long as the plants stay happy)? Any input would be
appricated?

I have no experience with mas/dracs, but from growing highland Nepenthes in NY
(until I moved) I would guess that the summer may be short enough to, if you
keep them wet all the time and control sunlight, get them through to fall. Open
windows on cooler nights will help. Avoid using terrariums to increase
humidity, as that'll cook em fast.

-

theoneflasehaddock