Old 23-05-2004, 01:08 PM
Brian

Default old turf

"Amber Ormerod" wrote in message
Most of the places we are going to make into flower beds currently have
grass on. I presumed that if dug up and covered over the turf would die.

How
long does it usually take to make it into soil again and can I then use it
in flower beds?

thanks
amber

The turf contains the nutrients of the your potential flower beds and
will have to be replaced. Why not simply dig and bury the turf as you go?
Grass side down. It will quickly rot and benefit the flowers. This would be
similar to the ploughing of a larger area.
If you stack it you will still have to return it anyway.
Best Wishes Brian.