Old 23-05-2004, 03:06 PM
David Gibson

Default Reseeding Patchy Lawn - Advice Needed

Hi Tumbleweed,

Thanks for the suggestion about the plastic. I have covered the worst
areas with clearish plastic sheeting. Could you tell me if I need to
remove it now ang again to let the grass get some fresh air (say once
a day for a couple of hours) or can I simply leave it down constantly
until the seed has germinated & rooted.

As I have not done this before I do not know if the constant blanket
of the plastic sheet will affect the existing healthy grass under the
sheeting.

Lastly, how many days would you suggest that I leave the plastic down
for.

Regards
Dave Gibson

On Fri, 21 May 2004 21:23:00 +0100, "Tumbleweed"
wrote:

p.s covering the patches with plastic makes a tremendous difference to the
germination rate and speed (in a positive way :-)