Old 23-05-2004, 03:08 PM
Brian

Default Orange Colour "Husks" On Soil And Grass

"Mike" wrote in message
Hello,

I would like to ask this group if someone knows what it is that I've
found in my garden. Orange colour husks are appearing in parts of my
back garden on both soil (lots) and grass (small amount).

These husks look and feel a bit like a cross between wood shavings and
plastic !

I'm concerned that "something" may have shed this husk at night and if
so i want to get rid of it when I've found out what it is.

My garden is very similar to last year with same plants etc and the only
thing i can think of is that something has blown in the wind from
field or neighbours garden.

Any suggestions please ?

Thanks.

Martin

These are most likely the scales from the buds of nearby trees. Horse
chestnut, beech etc. many possibilities but trees will be the culprits. No
problems.
Best Wishes Brian.