Old 23-05-2004, 06:03 PM
theoneflasehaddock

Default Armored scale?

Subject: Armored scale?
From: "Ray"
Date: 5/23/2004 6:24 AM Central Daylight Time
One of the more effective ways to rid a plant of armored scale is a soft
toothbrush dipped in a
liquid soap/alcohol solution.

Alcohol by itself is unlikely to do a complete job.

Thanks, I'll give that a try.

-

. . . . . . . . . . .
"theoneflasehaddock" ****off wrote in message
Just wondering, because of my new orchid, a Miltassia entering quarantein,

from
a relatives collection, which is, of course, covered in armored scale, and

has
been since they got it at home depot two years ago. I am planning on trying
isoprapanol alcohol first. For now, the plant is staying outdoors, and it

will
be out untill the pest is gone (then it will be kept in a 10 gallon tank

away
from other plants). Anyone here have successful experience ridding a plant

of
those horrible things?
The particular plant is very vigorous... to the point where it has 5 new
growths forming, despite the damned scale.
theoneflasehaddock

theoneflasehaddock