Old 23-05-2004, 07:05 PM
Chris Hogg

Default Rhododendron Lady Alice Fitzwilliam

Sacha,

Sorry for the late reply, but we visited my mother today and she used
to grow Lady Alice. The scent was strong and sweet, not unlike some of
the more flamboyant Exbury azaleas, or the yellow azalea pontica (aka
a. lutea). Though hers died out for some reason, branch by branch,
before it got more than a few feet high. It's a bit tender, but should
have been OK in west Cornwall, so I don't think frost was the cause.

--
Chris