Old 23-05-2004, 11:12 PM
Bob Hobden

Default Courgettes

"Alan Gould" wrote in message ...

I have noticed that some of the leaves on my courgettes (planted in the
garden) are tinging a bit yellow - I have never grown courgettes before,

so
don't know if this is normal or not..... any advice?

This is probably due to acclimatisation - i.e. moving the seedling
plants out from a protected environment to the open garden. We do it in
two stages by keeping the plants on our patio a couple of days before
taking them to their growing positions. Don't worry, they should begin
to grow new green leaves soon and the old ones will wither away.

See that the plants have sufficient moisture, but don't over do that
because the stems of courgette plants are prone to rotting if kept wet.
If you are going to mulch or fertilise them, keep those items clear of
the stems for the same reason.
--

I might add that I feel it's a little early to plant cucurbits (Marrows,
pumpkins, cucumbers etc) out into the garden yet, even down here I don't

--
Regards
Bob

Some photos of my plants at.....