Old 24-05-2004, 03:08 PM
Victoria Clare

Default Hover collect mowers

"David Hill" wrote in
:

"................ Should I tell just her to get off her fat a*** and
get the rake out of the garage? ........."

As it's such a small area why don't YOU get the rake out, it will only
take you about 10 mins at the most.
I am surprised that none of our girls here haven't said anything.

Well, actually I find 'SWMBO' more oldfashioned and offensive.

As I read the post, the OP was the one doing the mowing (as he was asking)
though now I look again I see it doesn't specify. If the OP is mowing, I
don't see why his partner should not be asked to rake (or vice versa).

To get back on topic, even for a tiny lawn I would never buy a cheap flymo:
had one, it was truly appalling, hard work, badly built - never again.

The small wheeled electric mowers are a much better design, lighter,
produce better results and are easier to use: I'd go for one of those
instead.

It is worth going for one with a metal blade rather than the flimsy plastic
blades. It needs replacing less often, is more robust, and can be
sharpened.

Victoria
--
gardening on a north-facing hill