Old 25-05-2004, 04:02 AM
Dances With Ferrets

Default UV Clarifyers

I highly recommend U.V. clarifiers, and I disagree with part of
Glenn's statement regarding the death of beneficial bacteria. While
it IS true that most any organism that passes through the clarifier
will be killed, including beneficial bacteria, Your main bacterial
culture resides in your filter, rocks, plants, and gravel or whatever
substrate there may be in the bottom of the pond. The amount of
bacteria suspended in the water is insignificant compared to the vast
amount of bacteria which are attached to most every surface in the
pond. Just make sure to use a good biological filter in addition to
your U.V. clarifier and you will have a crystal-clear pond. No
worries about killing off the beneficial bacteria.

Good luck with your pondkeeping