Old 25-05-2004, 03:17 PM
Douglas

Default Why does washing up liquid kill greenfly?

"p.mc" wrote in message

"Kevin Groves" wrote in message
Rosie wrote:

It just worked over night. I use Fairy Liquid which is probably

pretty
harsh stuff generally.

ROSIE

Me too. By the next morning any that are still there turn black.

Kev,

Hi
What ratio of fairy liquid to water is needed?.........TIA.

--
Regards
p.mc

For personal replies please leave or type signature
"p.mc" In the body of the message otherwise
posts will not be received.
Thanks

************************
It thins the surface skin on the mixture for one thing, and anyway, - who
likes the taste of soap?.
With ten thousand blackfly chucking up their guts on the tops of all your
broadbeans its no wonder they don't like it and decide to depart.
Speaking for myself, - I know the feeling!. I have had amoebic dysentery
twice and I can tell you that long residence sitting on a bouncy bog, (a
horizontal tree-trunk on two cross-posts, cut out of season with the sap
intact inside and still a bit springy.) with only two hands to preserve
equilibrium, in a Burmah jungle bog when its 110 degrees i.t.s.
The springiness was not conducive to security of tenure on that bar, and
some reports were reported and discussed -- (at a later time, when the
monthly ration of four cans of beer per man was being dealt with.) - that
occasionally incidents occurred just at a time when there was no spare water
and no safe river nearby to jump into.
But I digress.... .I think that the same effect heretofore stated, also
applies to greenfly.
Toodle-pip!.
Doug.