Old 25-05-2004, 05:24 PM
George

Default there has to be a better way........... *cleaning*

"*muffin*" wrote in message
I've been around (lol)

just very busy!

I was wondering how everyone's lilies are doing.. mine started blooming, but
the dang things need to be transplanted. since I lost a bunch of the soil &
stone covering them!( I used open baskets with burlap,, it did NOT keep the
soil in.)

& I am very ticked off about my lotus dying over the winter.. this was the
3rd one that did not work! ( I never had problems many years ago at my old
pond).water celery is taking over, that someone on this board sent me in
trade, I was surprised it lived!

I would love to get some new butterfly koi, but have not talked myself into
paying for the shipping.

over the winter we had our P*leco* inside a tank, with some fancy goldfish ,
etc.. one night the dang thing went berserk & killed them all..(yea I read
that warning before).. I don't think I will bring it inside this
winter..don't want to lose it, its over a ft long,, but not at the expense
of my other fish.(well at least a bunch of water lettuce survived) mmm,
maybe I should leave the "*" out of his name next time,, lol

If you live in a cold weather area, the Plecostomas (I assume that is what you
are referring to) will not survive.

I really envy those in the southern states , where they can keep their ponds
all year,, I figure "I" only have 5-6 months of pond "pleasure".. *POUT*

thanks, I would like that link.

when we put IN our pond I didn't know anything about a bottom drain.. I wish
I found this group beforehand, ( & I should have known as I have been on
Usenet for many, many years)

"joe" wrote in message
Hey Muffin, where have you been. Haven't seen a post for a long time. Your
lilies are blooming like crazy here.

As for cleaning the gunk at the bottom of the pond out, I still use the
method devised by richtoybox. I'll look for the link, or maybe he can
provide it.

Joe

On 5/24/04 2:52 PM, "*muffin*" wrote:

hmmph!!

pond is only a year old,, who would have thought so much black gunk was

at
the bottom!!
I was sooooo careful with covering the pond to keep out leaves, ,but of
course some got in, & what added to the "gunk" was pots that tipped

over,,