Old 25-05-2004, 05:25 PM

Default there has to be a better way........... *cleaning*

Cleaned the "Gunk" from the bottom of my koi pond the first time in 10
years. This pond had twelve 10 year old koi that were very large. I
decided to sell them and keep goldfish and plants again. I never..I repeat
never felt the need to clean the gunk. It is an outdoor pond and not an
aquarium. I have a very good filtration system and only cleaned a 5 gallon
bucket of "gunk" out of the pond. {:O) MIKE
"*muffin*" wrote in message
hmmph!!

pond is only a year old,, who would have thought so much black gunk was at
the bottom!!
I was sooooo careful with covering the pond to keep out leaves, ,but of
course some got in, & what added to the "gunk" was pots that tipped over,,
yucky.