Old 25-05-2004, 05:26 PM
Dr RubikZ. Phd

Default Slugs and beer

On Tue, 25 May 2004 13:59:00 +0100, "Douglas"
wrote:

"Alan Holmes" wrote in message

"Derek Moody" wrote in message
On Tue, 18 May 2004 08:55:55 GMT, Lemmonie
wrote:

Over the last few months the slugs have been out in force in my garden
eating everything they can. I have tried two different types of slug
pelletts but as an owner of two kitties i was limited in my choice.

So, I had heard about slugs and beer and last night despite the
protests of my husband i took some of his beer and some small pots and
placed them around the garden.

This morning much to my delight the little beer-laden pots were full of
slugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

Now, I intended to repeat this victory tonight but the question is do i
need to put fresh beer in every night or will the slug/beer mixture
continue to work?

****. If only it were that easy to get shot of pest ******s like you.

PLONK!

Why don't you go take a running jump, Foulmouth.
You are not welcome on a decent gardening thread so go plonk yourself. It's
probably what you already do anyway when nobody's looking.
Since the mother who dragged you up failedin her duty I am here to tell you
the poster is spot-on with the method of ridding a garden of slugs and
snails, and has been since I was pupped.
Some time ago I bought from an ad in a newspaper ten special plastic cup
things with a lid on each which allowed entry up the sides and you put beer
inside. They were quite successful.
I don't need them now and have been dumped. I have a static pond and the
toads and frogs do the job when they are in short residence each year.
I still get a few here and there but I deal with them in the approved
fashion. I stood on five this morning.
A good time is when the duskis just complete and its dark. even better if
things are a bit wet,
Put warm clothing on, - you've just come out of a warm house, - patrol all
paths with a good flashlight
(battery torch), Stand on anything nasty you see. Then patrol the fower
borders and with gloved hands pick up and bucket any nasties, and if you
meet any plonkers give them a kick in the thingy.
Doug.

Dads army lives!! Only difference is they were ready to fight armed
men, not defenseless creatures.

Do you have any idea how sad an old phart you sound?

To avoid grizzlies, the Alaska Department of Fish & Game advises hikers
to wear noisy little bells on clothes and carry pepper spray. Also watch
for signs of activity: Black bear scat is smaller and contains berries;
grizzly scat has little bells in it and smells like pepper.