Old 25-05-2004, 07:07 PM
Carmine J. Ventura JR

Default controlling algae

Hello all,

Just wanted to post a suggestion on controlling algae that worked for me. It
only took me 2 years to figure it out, up to this point I have tried
everything and it did not work. The solution was very simple. I just got a
plastic container, filled it with distilled water, added all the fertilizer
and micro nutrients that I normally add to my tank in the coarse of a week.
I divided the container into 7 equal parts and dose one part per day ( at
roughly the same time ). The tank is more stable and the algae has seriously
improved by about 90 % or better.

Prior to this, I would vacuum the gravel bed and within a day or two, it
would all be back.

Carmine