Old 25-05-2004, 09:07 PM
Steve wachs

Default [IBC] Nursery stock and circling/intertwined roots

There is nothing wrong with nursery stock. Depending on the Species it can
be very successful. When I work with nursery stock or collected trees. I find
the surface roots and the lowest branch. From there I decide how I am going
to design my tree. If you remove a lot of leaves or needles. you can probably
remove the same proportion from the roots. Don't forget to use tree wound to
cover scars. The tree may not be ready for bonsai pot for a couple of years,
but this is the fun part, to me.
Good Luck with your new trees.

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++