Old 25-05-2004, 10:07 PM
Conrad Edwards

Default Hover collect mowers

Victoria Clare wrote in message .240.23...
Well, actually I find 'SWMBO' more oldfashioned and offensive.

As I read the post, the OP was the one doing the mowing (as he was asking)
though now I look again I see it doesn't specify. If the OP is mowing, I
don't see why his partner should not be asked to rake (or vice versa).

I didn't mean to offend, merely to add a little humour.
My main job is cutting the hedges which takes a good few hours all in.
Either of us can do the mowing, and, to be honest, the raking takes
longer than the mowing.
We bit the bullet and bought the B&Q own brand.

The JCBs aren't out for another few weeks yet.
Side by side with the Flymos the B&Q is about twice as high, though
only slightly greater grass collector (34l vs 30l). The Flymos, IMHO,
have very thin handles and just look easily bent.
We discounted the smaller motor Flymos as they appear
underpowered...bigger, better, harder, faster is my motto for power
tools!
The B&Q has a three year warranty...don't know about Flymo.
My wife doesn't like red!

The only drawback of the B&Q is the weight..it may be a hover, but
it's not one you can swish side to side...more of a push forward, pull
back action.