Old 08-02-2003, 08:25 PM
DFStoneJr

Default Jackson & Perkins gift certifucates at 10% off

The catalogs come with a 10 to 20% discount coupon for nothing, on a
regular
basis. If you want to convert actual gift certificates to cash, put them

on
eBay at a *real* starting bid of a dollar or so, then they'll be bid to
whatever the market will bear.

The offer does not represent a value to you. It might to others. A simple,
"No, thank you" would have sufficed.

I could indeed put them on eBay, but an auction involves a degree of
uncertainty for both buyer and seller. That uncertainty is eliminated with
a fixed price. Additionally, eBay transaction involve listing fees and
commissions, which can be avoided by making them available in venues such as
this. Lastly, I don't see anything on tghe certificates that precludes them
from being used on top of whatever discount might be offered "for nothing,
on a regular basis."