Old 27-05-2004, 01:07 AM
marty haber

Default [IBC] Stinky Adventure (ginkgo seeds found) - update

Speaking of Ginkgos ...
I've been growing a very old one which is beautiful with one exception: it
had no low branches on one side. To solve the problem, I took a three
year-old sapling, removed half the roots, and planted it as close as
possible to the main trunk after slicing a small wedge between two surface
roots. My hope is that the sapling will merge with its older partner and
give me the needed lower branch. This is the third year since the operation
was done, and both trees are doing well; but I'm still waiting for the
merger.
Marty

Date: Wed May 26 15:51:12 EDT 2004
From: "Edmund L. Castillo"