Old 27-05-2004, 10:59 AM
Lissy Lissy is offline
Registered User

Location: London
Default White hopping things on my houseplant

I have a houseplant which has little white things - not sure what they are called living in the soil around the plant - they are not actually on the plant itself. This plant likes a lot of water - and each time i water it, these little white things hop around madly - they seem to thrive on damp compost.
I am rather clueless (when it comes to gardening) so could anyone tell me what these things are - are they whitefly, aphids, or something else.
And any tips on how to get rid of them - without killing the plant obviously. I've tried some pesticide but they seem to be resistant.

Many thanks