Old 27-05-2004, 12:17 PM
Jane H

Default Help identifying please

Hello,

We bought two bulbs at a plant sale over two years ago, but lost the
information that came with them! They were huge and smooth, not unlike
a potato but even heavier. We remembered that they liked shade so
planted them under a tree, though couldn't tell which end should be on
top.. Nothing happened for about 1 1/2 years. I dug them up about six
months ago, still smooth as a stone, and just plopped them into some
loose compost in the greenhouse. They suddenly grew foliage, small
green, roundish leaves on very thin stems. No flowers have appeared
and they are very slow-growing.

Can anyone suggest some names of plants they think it might be? If we
have a few names, at least we can look them up.

Thanks,

JH