Old 27-05-2004, 04:12 PM

Default Hawks in my yard

Margaret Lillard wrote:

There was an episode of "Emergency Vets" (on Animal Planet; I think it's
no longer shown) where a girl brought in a rabbit that her boyfriend had
bought to feed to his python. The vet remarked that the girl's
intentions were good, but in the meantime the python was starving.
"Somebody's got to love the snake," he said. And so it is with hawks.

Heh. I have a friend who did that. When she was in college, she
rescued a rabbit that was about to be a boa's dinner. Oscar lived happily
with Heather for 10 years or so. No clue what happened to the boa, though
I suspect Oscar's rescue meant another rabbit's demise.

cl, who used to petsit Oscar for Heather