Old 27-05-2004, 06:08 PM
Mark

Default is this the weed that's been popping up?

(Liashi) wrote in message . com...
Hi again,

I have this thing popping up in my garden now, and I think it's Cotton
Morningglory (Ipomoea cordatotriloba for all you picky folks. -_-) At
least, based on this pictu
http://www.ppws.vt.edu/scott/weed_id/ipott.htm
I'm not really in the area this thing is supposed to grow in tho . . .

The sprouts I'm seeing look like that however, but I have yet to see a
real leaf (like on the pic there.) What are the chances that this is
some kind of other plant? Is the first pair of leaves always enough to
tell a plant from others? (Within the same genus?) And I thought those
things were the seeds I planted. . . . Sigh.

Are the any resourses, paper or digital, that you would recommend for
identifying unwanted plants?

I've got those little buggers popping up all OVER my garden. I've
been wondering what they are, too, especially since they weren't there
last year.

Since I know they're morning glories, I'll transplant some of them to
the side of my garden shed and let them grow up the trellis there.
Oughtta be pretty.

Mark