Old 27-05-2004, 06:36 PM
Bob Hobden

Default Chelsea - the fern guys

"Neil Jones" wrote in message as did
"Janet Baraclough

To me their dedicated plant-obsession was the epitome of what Chelsea
used to be all about, but has mostly lost since the Bunny'n'Diarmuid

set
started cultivating meeja careers.

..

I tend to agree that there's too much focus on the show gardens, but
from what I can see the BBC is trying to emphasise a different part of
the show on each programme - there was much more about plants last night
than on previous shows.

Still not enough, though :-)

Funny, but when we used to go to Chelsea every year we hardly bothered with
any of the gardens.
Even when we managed to get exhibitors passes and could get in very early we
did the marquee, just us and Lord Snowden and family in the whole tent,
wonderful, and didn't bother going over to the gardens.
Probably just proves I'm a plant person (now where can I put that?) not a
designed garden person. :-)

--
Regards
Bob