Old 28-05-2004, 01:08 AM

Default Fish dying

next time do a quick physical, especially looking at slime coat and gills.
http://puregold.aquaria.net/pg/disea...ue.html#Jo_Ann's_Fish_Physical
when nothing shows on outside and no symptoms it is "sudden death" and this is fast
changing water parameters, like loss of oxygen or toxic spike ... or, it could be
internal bacteria. Ingrid

JGW wrote:

In the last month, I've found two of my goldfish in my outdoor pond
dead. The water chemistry is fine except for the hardness being too
low. I added a bunch of dolomite lime almost a month ago after the
first fish died, and the hardness is improving, although the pH today
was still on the low side. I don't know of any toxins that could
have gotten into the water, and the fish showed no obvious sign of
injury. Is there something else I should be doing or thinking about
to protect my remaining fish?

Thanks.

Joan

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List