Old 28-05-2004, 01:09 AM
Sir Douglas Cook

Default Fin Rot

I have a 100 gallon fresh water tank with 12 angelfish, or 6 breeding pair.
I discovered that I have a couple that stayed up in the corner, at the time
I thought it was just what fish do, territorial and stuff.

Weeks later I noticed their fins starting to look as if they are melted.

Yesterday, I removed all the angels and put them in a sick tank
and I am now treating them for "Fin Rot".
With, Maroxy and Maracyn...

My question is about the Main tank,
I have removed the plants and turned up the heater to 86 decrees and added
a hand full of aquarium salt.

My question is what should I have done, if anything to make sure that
there is nothing nasty in the main tank when I return my angels after five
days
of the sick tank???????????????

Many Thanks in advance
--