Old 28-05-2004, 03:07 AM
JGW

Default Fish dying

Hi, Nedra.

I have a "Master Test Kit" On 5/2/04, when I found the first fish
dead, the pH was 8.2 (late afternoon). The KH was 53.7 ppm and the GH
was 71.6 ppm. Several days later, I tested the pH first thing in the
morning and it was around 7.0. That was when I added the dolomite
lime.

Today, when I found the second fish, the pH was between 6.8 and 7.0
(around noon). The kH was 71.6 ppm and the GH was 107.4 ppm.

I am thinking I may be having too large pH swings and that the water
hardness is too low. I have the dolomite hanging in the water in a
leg from a pair of panty hose, and periodically I squish it around to
try to release more into the water. It hangs right below the
waterfall.

Joan

Joan, We need more specific information about the readings from
your pond. What is the KH? pH? Do you have a test kit?
I for one would be hard pressed to advise anything without
specifics ;-)

Nedra in Missouri